7 pictures of marine life found dead on beach in Gulfport




By JOHN E. BIALAS
Broadmoor Bureau Chief

I live less than a mile from the beach in Gulfport and always enjoy my daily walk on the south side of Highway 90, also known as the Beach Road.

The boardwalk is my path and I get scenic views of the Sound to my right and across the way, on the north side of 90, the picturesque green spaces and beautiful beachfront homes, many of them built or renovated since Hurricane Katrina in 2005.

I rarely walk along the shoreline because it's a sandy trudge getting there, but after I saw a Sun Herald story about marine life found dead along the Mississippi Coast, I was curious to go near the shore between Kelly Avenue and Hewes Avenue on Easter Saturday and Easter Sunday to see if it was bad in the nearly one-mile stretch.

It was awful. It was terrible. It was sickening. It was heartbreaking.

I took pictures with my iPhone and here are seven of them.











Comments

Popular Posts