Props to the People's 4th of July fireworks show in Gulfport




By JOHN E. BIALAS
Broadmoor Bureau Chief


I missed the Gulfport Harbor Independence Day fireworks show on Thursday.

No problem. I walked from my Broadmoor home to the beach south of Thornton Avenue, just east of the harbor, to take iPhone photos of what I called the People's 4th of July fireworks show.

You know, good folks having a great time with their arsenal of munitions around 10 p.m. after they watched the city's extravaganza.


The scene at the beach south of Thornton


People's fireworks

 

 

The People's show included Soria City, the historic neighborhood north of the tracks and west of Broadmoor.


If this photo had a title, I would call it Broadnoir. The picture was taken at 10:35 p.m. while I sat on the steps of the church across the street from the iconic Broadmoor Grocery on Kelly Avenue, and the blast of fireworks was a couple blocks away in the heart of Soria City.

Props to the People.

Comments

Popular Posts