Your action-packed basset hound news for Tuesday, 10-29-19



By JOHN E. BIALAS
Broadmoor Bureau Chief 

It's an unusual Tilly Tuesday. I'm out of my comfort zone.

Patty and her sister, Elaine, who lives north of Detroit, are on a fancy cruise and I'm stranded at home, left with the monumental task of taking care of Tilly; Miss Kitty aka Baby Sister, our inside cat; and Cayou, our outside cat and Tilly's best friend.

I would like to imagine Miss Kitty and Cayou are cats who look like basset hounds in the way that beagles are mistaken for bassets. I won't let my imagination go that far. I'll just make up a word for cats who might look like bassets: Cassets.

Now that I have that out of the way, I'm hoping I can make it until Patty returns Sunday night.

I'm afraid of doing something stupid with Tilly.

  • Taking her for a walk around the block and she breaks free from her collar and leash, and she tries sprinting all the way to The Dirty Beach.
  • I put her in her dog run in the backyard at 2 a.m., I go to bed, I fall asleep and when I wake up at noon, she is still outside, having had feasts of fallen leaves for breakfast and lunch because she was hungry.
  •  I give her the biggest bag of Pup-Peroni I can find for a Halloween treat on Thursday, 10-31-19, and I would get in big trouble for ruining her strict diet.
Those are nightmares and then there's the reality. The reality involves Miss Kitty.



I use my laptop for blogging and on Saturday night she used my laptop to hack the Pictures of Tilly site.

I found her code that brought down the site:

errrrrrrrrrrrrhjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjrdddddddddddddddrhh33333333333333333333333333zcv9ooooooooooooooooooootvwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

The site was back up and running Sunday night, but on Monday night I caught her trying to hack our DirecTV while I was watching the Warriors-Pelicans game.

She did this stuff in anticipation of National Cat Day, which is on Tilly Tuesday, 10-29-19, and I fear what she might do next.

Since it's Tilly Tuesday, I'm required to take a picture of Tilly at 2 p.m. and I did that. The picture of Tilly is at the top of this post.

I'm also required to come up with basset hound news and I have some to share.

Ree Drummond likes basset hounds. Who is Ree Drummond? I guess I need to hit the link to a ShowBiz CheatSheet story to find out.

Mark Lippert, the former top U.S. envoy to Seoul, has a basset hound named Grigsby, and Grigsby is called an ambassa-dog, an ambassa-hound and a diplo-dog. I kid you not. You can hit the link for The Korea Herald story.

I went looking for Halloween dog costumes and instead stumbled upon the horror of all horrors: The Trump-style wig for your dog or cat. The wig costs $11.99 at Amazon and would look better on a cat than on Tilly.

I snipped an Amazon image of a cat wearing the Trump wig, which includes a shirt collar and tie.


OK, enough. Let's wrap this up with one more dog-related thing, perhaps the only sensible words in this post.

The sensible words come from an article at Family Paws, where the writer recommends ways to set up "your dog with their own private Halloween bash in a safe quiet spot" at home as little trick-or-treaters come to your door.

Six tips are listed and Tilly thinks the second one is the best: "Use a fan or radio for white noise. Something consistent is best."

Tilly prefers her TV and the white noise of Hallmark Channel shows, so the abundant Christmas programming on Halloween will soothe her, encourage sleep and mask other sounds.

Please come back next week for Tilly Tuesday. 

Just remember it’s not Taco Tilly and it’s not Taco Tuesday at Pictures of Tilly. 

It’s Tilly Tuesday.








Comments

Popular Posts