Your howling good basset hound news for Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2019



By JOHN E. BIALAS
Broadmoor Bureau Chief

It's that time again: Tilly Tuesday, which also means a roundup of basset hound news I found on the web.

The roundup is brief but I hope it's entertaining.

Boing Boing published a video post on Sept. 24 with the headline "Basset Hound plays piano while toddler dances." I just found the Boing Boing post and I'm glad I did because it led me to the video on YouTube.




Howling good time? You bet.

There is one problem and that is with the Boing Boing headline. The dog is not a basset. It's a beagle named Buddy Mercury.

Louisville, Ky., television station WDRB did a story Oct. 12 about a basset, who to me doesn't look like a basset, but I remain confused after seeing the piano-playing basset who is really a piano-playing beagle.

The WDRB story is about Lemmy, also known as the Sassy Basset Hound, an adopted dog who lives in Salem, Ind., and has her own Facebook page.

Lemmy is a humane society supporter and a social media influencer with a GoFundMe account to raise money for a Lemmy children's book series.

The story said that "Lemmy has represented Blue Buffalo pet food and Kong toys. She also plans on visiting schools, nursing homes and hospitals."

Social media influencer is one of Tilly's life goals. I'm trying to help her. I have my Pictures of Tilly blog and I share Tilly pictures on my Instagram.

Look at the latest picture of Tilly, taken at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2019. The photo is at the top of this post and it shows she would be an attractive endorser. She's wearing a KONG collar, one she's had for years, so she deserves a KONG endorsement deal.

Joe Markham founded the KONG Company in 1970 and the company also makes toys, food bowls and treats. Its best-known toy is the KONG Classic, which is described as having "a red rubber formula for average chewers and unpredictable bounce for games of fetch."

Tilly also deserves a Royal Canin dog food endorsement deal because she eats the brand's veterinary diet hydrolyzed protein adult HP dry food for breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snack.

Please come back next week for Tilly Tuesday. 

Just remember it’s not Taco Tilly and it’s not Taco Tuesday at Pictures of Tilly. 

It’s Tilly Tuesday.

Comments

Popular Posts