Your fascinating basset hound news for Tuesday, Oct. 8, 2019



By JOHN E. BIALAS
Broadmoor Bureau Chief

It's that time again: Tilly Tuesday.

I took a picture of our 6-year-old basset hound at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 8, 2019, and this one is of the breaking news variety because she made a rare appearance outside our home.

Tilly told me she didn't like the picture in which she's looking through the fence of her dog run in our backyard.

"It makes me look like I'm a junkyard dog for Halloween," she said. "I'm not a junkyard dog, and I don't like Halloween." 

You have to admit that is fascinating and it leads to this question: Does your dog get in the Halloween spirit?

I have no idea if Mutt Strutt is a Halloween event, but Halloween costumes are worn in the annual fundraiser to improve Pooch Park in Pullman, Wash., the only off-leash dog park in Whitman County.

 

The Daily Evergreen, known as the student voice of Washington State University, posted a story Sept. 30 about the dog-friendly festival in Pullman, and, I kid you not, the story said a woman brought her 10 basset hounds in her Basset Waggin’ minivan. 

I saw the number. 10. Double figures. 10 basset hounds?!?! You mean nine wasn't enough?!?!

How about just one?!?! Or maybe two at most?!?!

The owner of the 10 bassets creates different costumes every year for Mutt Strutt and her hounds.

 “I just try to think of what I could make 10 of,” Jenny Neuburger told The Daily Evergreen. “So, this year they’re mermaids … or merdogs."

I vote to call them Mutt Maids.

I'm sure you never get tired of this kind of stuff, so to round out this fine piece of quality journalism, I want to share with you a story I found at I Heart Dogs.

The story: 20 Dog Breeds That Give The Most Kisses.

Turns out basset hound is No. 14 on the list.

We would make Tilly No. 1.

 Please come back next week for Tilly Tuesday. Just remember it’s not Taco Tilly and it’s not Taco Tuesday at Pictures of Tilly. It’s Tilly Tuesday.










Comments

Popular Posts