Your Tilly-ating news for Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2019



By JOHN E. BIALAS
Broadmoor Bureau Chief

Tilly-ating.

I just made up the word.

No newspaper editors to tell me I can't use it.

Grammarly tells me to get rid of it. Hey, Grammarly, I'm my own blog editor and I'm using it.

Tilly-ating is not about what Tilly eats.

It's a synonym for scintillating. You know, dazzling, exciting, exhilarating, stimulating.

I know my readers are thrilled every Tuesday to see another post.

I call this a Tilly-ating post, though it's not all about my 6-year-old basset hound, and you will see if you stay with me. Don't give up.

This isn't the usual Pictures of Tilly basset news roundup about Facebook hounds, bassets who write books and people who think beagles are bassets.

I'm hoping you will enjoy something different and that you will be entertained.

Michael Ramsey asked me, "Have you considered an installment centering on books about, or even by, Tilly?"

I have not considered that, but I found a Tilly reference that is not about Tilly.

The reference is in "My Name Is Lucy Barton" by Elizabeth Strout.

 
 I went to the Barnes and Noble in Gulfport to take a picture of the page in which Tilly appears in the novel.



I have a hardback copy of "My Name Is Lucy Barton." I just need to find the pile it's in.

Paul Hampton gave me an idea to include pictures of Tilly. No, not my Tilly. You'll see what I mean.


That's actress Jennifer Tilly and I snipped the picture from her Wikipedia page, where I found out she turned 63 years old in September.


This picture is a YouTube image of actress Meg Tilly, Jennifer's sister. I always thought Meg was older than Jennifer. I learned that Meg is 59 years old.



On Spotify, I stumbled upon a band named Tilly and the Wall. The indie pop group from Omaha has been around since 2001. You will enjoy their video for the song "Pot Kettle Black."

 Oh, I almost forgot. It's Tilly Tuesday. Hope you saw the new picture of Tilly at the top of this post. The picture was taken at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2019.

Please come back next week for Tilly Tuesday. 

Just remember it’s not Taco Tilly and it’s not Taco Tuesday at Pictures of Tilly. 

It’s Tilly Tuesday.















Comments

Popular Posts